Why H2O Plumbing
Licensed & Insured
We have all the necessary licenses and insurance should anything go wrong with the plumbing we service or install. This means you can have the peace of mind knowing you are protected.
One of our core principles is to be completely honest with every customer. From our recommendations to our pricing, we will tell you exactly what to expect from us.
Years of Experience
We have seen and done it all. There is no plumbing problem we can’t handle. This ensures you have a reliable and knowledgeable plumbing company whenever you need it.
“Got here right on time had a text saying he was on the way. He gave me a price immediately before he started said unless they have any problems that would be the price. Did what needed to be done quickly and efficiently very professional.”
– Bud Burson, Corydon, IN
Have you noticed that your dishes and clothes are often covered in white spots and your hair and skin feel more dry and itchy?
Depending on the area you live, the minerals in the water can cause problems for your home and family.
A water softener can remove hard minerals such as calcium and magnesium from your water.
This can eliminate common water issues such as clogged pipes, spotty dishes, and glassware, or dry skin and hair.
What is a Water Softener?
A water softener is essentially a filtration system for your home.
It works to remove the minerals that cause hard water.
Hard water contains higher amounts of both calcium and magnesium. These two elements bond quickly with trace amounts of other metals and these bonds build up quickly, which is how “hard water” got its name. It’s hard mineral deposits that the water leaves behind. Over time, this leads to clogs, breaks down appliances and leaves behind hard water spots and dry skin.
Signs You Need a Water Softener
- Mineral-like Crust Buildup: Next time you’re in the bathroom, look at your faucets or shower head carefully. If you can see a crust of mineral-like material around the fixtures, it’s likely a sign that you have hard water leaving deposits behind. This is a good sign that you may benefit from a water softener.
- Soap Scum Buildup: If you keep scrubbing those shower walls, or are struggling to get your glass dishes clean, this is another sign of hard water. Soap scum and water spots aren’t dirt – they are mineral deposits, which can be very difficult to clean on their own. Water softening eliminates these problems by reducing the mineral content in the water.
- Stiff Clothes: Hard water makes your laundry soap less effective, resulting in dull, gray, stiff, or faded clothing. Soft water requires less detergent and makes it more effective leaving your clothing cleaner and much softer.
- Irritated Skin: If you step out of the shower feeling dry, itchy or flaky – it’s likely the result of hard water. Soap doesn’t properly dissolve in hard water, so your shampoo and body soap linger on your skin and increase irritation.
Benefits of Having Soft Water
- Saves Money: Hard water causes both immediate and long-term costly problems. Today, you’ll spend more on laundry detergent, shampoo, and dishwashing agents. In the future, you’ll have to replace your appliances sooner because the hard water wears them down faster. Additionally, mineral buildup in your pipes requires more water pressure and increases your energy consumption.
- Increased longevity of water-using appliances
- Softer skin and hair: Homes with a water softener enjoy a deeper lather when bathing and benefit from the natural oils in your skin and hair that are often stripped away by hard water.
- Cleaner, spotless dishes: Hard water leaves a cloudy appearance on your dishes and silverware. By removing the minerals that cause this buildup, your dishes come out sparkly and clean every time.
- Brighter and softer clothes: Using hard water means you’re washing your clothing in minerals. Those minerals cause your clothing to be hard, stiff, and dingy. Soft water dissolves into clothing, allowing your detergent to work properly and your clothing to be softer and cleaner.
- Less time cleaning: Because soaps, detergents, and cleaning agents can’t fully dissolve in hard water – you find yourself constantly rewashing dishes and laundry. Instead, soft water fully penetrates and dissolves soaps so you can clean quickly and effectively.
FAQs on Water Softeners
Why Choose Us:
Choosing the right company for water softener services is essential to ensure that the system is installed and maintained properly.
- Licensed & Insured: While installing a water softener doesn’t require any special permits or licensing, H2O Plumbing in Corydon is a one-stop shop for all your plumbing needs. If you have a problem with your sewer, sump pump, or slow-draining sinks, we can help with that too.
- 100% Honesty: One of our core principles is to be completely honest with every customer. Before installing your water softener, we’ll clearly explain your options without ever trying to sell you something you don’t need.
- Years of Experience: We have a team of experienced technicians in Corydon who are trained to handle a wide range of water softener issues. We understand the difference in water tables in our area and can test your water to see what system will work best for you. Our experience in our community ensures you have a reliable and knowledgeable plumbing company to install your water softener today.
Get Soft Water Today
A properly functioning water softener system that can improve the quality of all the water you use in your home. Eliminate hard water issues like dry skin, dull hair, and damage to your appliances. Each customer at H2O Plumbing, Corydon receives a water softener system that is tailored to their specific needs that is installed and maintained properly. Our expertly trained plumbers can install any type of water softener to ensure your system is always working properly. Get rid of water spots, soap scum, and dingy clothing. It’s time to expect more for your household and give H2O Plumbing in Corydon a call today.