Why H2O Plumbing
Licensed & Insured
We have all the necessary licenses and insurance should anything go wrong with the plumbing we service or install. This means you can have the peace of mind knowing you are protected.
One of our core principles is to be completely honest with every customer. From our recommendations to our pricing, we will tell you exactly what to expect from us.
Years of Experience
We have seen and done it all. There is no plumbing problem we can’t handle. This ensures you have a reliable and knowledgeable plumbing company whenever you need it.
“Got here right on time had a text saying he was on the way. He gave me a price immediately before he started said unless they have any problems that would be the price. Did what needed to be done quickly and efficiently very professional.”
– Bud Burson, Corydon, IN
A sump pump is a device typically found in the basement or crawlspace of a home to prevent flooding and water damage. The main job of your sump pump is to eliminate any water that may accumulate over time. This is essential in low-lying areas where homes are built close to the water table, where water may easily seep into the basement. Additionally, sump pump systems can also be useful for homes located in areas with heavy rain or snowfall, to prevent basement flooding. The sump pump will automatically turn on when water accumulates in the pit, and pump it out, keeping the basement or crawlspace dry.
4 Signs You Need To Replace Your Sump Pump
Installing a sump pump is not a DIY job, it typically involves digging a pit in the basement or crawlspace, installing the pump, and running appropriate discharge piping to carry the water away from the home. Here are four signs that may indicate it’s time to call for a professional.
- Strange noises – If you hear odd, unusual noises coming from your sump pump, it might be time to get a new one. Loud sounds are usually indicators that some parts are probably worn out or damaged. Generally, the most common issue is the propeller or the fan.
- Lost power – If you see that your sump pump does not have power, it might mean that you have a blown fuse on the circuit or that the battery backup has run out of power. This is a sign that you need a new sump pump.
- The sump pump is running too much – When you cannot turn off your sump pump, it usually means that you have issues with the switch or that the float arm mechanisms are broken. This is an indicator that your pump is not functioning properly, and you need a new one.
- Broken check valve – The valve in your sump pump ensures that the water is flowing outside your home. However, if the valve is broken or missing, then the pump does not have a way of directing the water outside, it will flow inside.
3 Benefits of Having a Functioning Sump Pump
- Flood protection – Sump pumps are excellent for handling great amounts of water, especially in the case of a flood. They can protect your appliances and valuables found in the basement.
- Avoid mold and mildew – Basements are places where humidity tends to grow and create a base for the occurrence of mold and mildew. Mold and mildew are often responsible for health issues and skin irritation. A sump pump can decrease the levels of humidity in the basement.
- Protect the foundation of your home – Over time, water can start damaging the foundation of your home. However, a sump pump can help in regulating the amount of water to which the house is exposed. In addition, it may save you the costs for repair later.
FAQs about Sump Pump Installation
Why Choose Us
Choosing the right company for sump pump installation service is crucial to ensure that the job is done correctly and efficiently, to prevent future water damage and flooding. H2O Plumbing is the number one choice in Corydon, IN for sump pump installation and maintenance.
- Licensed & Insured: H2O Plumbing has all the necessary licenses and insurance required to install sump pumps in homes across IN. Should anything go wrong with the plumbing we service or install, we back up our work 100% and provide the support to make it right.
- 100% Honesty: One of our core principles is to be completely honest with every customer. Every time we are in your home, we provide honest and transparent information and service. From our recommendations to our pricing, we provide clear expectations and results.
- Years of Experience: We have a team of experienced and licensed plumbers who are trained to install sump pumps of all types, models, and brands. They have the knowledge and skills to properly assess the customer’s needs and recommend the most appropriate sump pump and installation method for their situation.
Rely on The Experts that Understand Your Sump Pump Needs
With a properly installed and functioning sump pump to protect your home from water damage, you can rest peacefully even during the heaviest rainfall. We provide confidence knowing that your basement or crawlspace will stay dry and your system is working properly. Our team of Corydon plumbers will ensure that the installation is done correctly and provide proper maintenance and check-up of the system to ensure it’s working optimally. For reliable sump pump installation and support in Corydon, IN – call H2O Plumbing today.