Why H2O Plumbing
Licensed & Insured
We have all the necessary licenses and insurance should anything go wrong with the plumbing we service or install. This means you can have the peace of mind knowing you are protected.
One of our core principles is to be completely honest with every customer. From our recommendations to our pricing, we will tell you exactly what to expect from us.
Years of Experience
We have seen and done it all. There is no plumbing problem we can’t handle. This ensures you have a reliable and knowledgeable plumbing company whenever you need it.
“Got here right on time had a text saying he was on the way. He gave me a price immediately before he started said unless they have any problems that would be the price. Did what needed to be done quickly and efficiently very professional.”
– Bud Burson, Corydon, IN
Many homeowners in Corydon, IN are trying to handle plumbing problems on their own. Most of them realize very quickly that some plumbing issues are not quick fixes.
Sometimes these small issues can sometimes point to a bigger problem – a major sewer line repair.
Sewer line problems are worrisome for so many reasons. A sewer line repair can be expensive, is inconvenient to the family or business owner, and it stinks (literally).
Avoiding the problem or trying to fix it yourself isn’t going to help. Most of the time it will only make it worse.
Our expert plumbing team in Corydon, IN can help you determine if a sewer line is the right choice and make the process as simple and smell-free as possible.
What Causes Sewer Line Damage
Your sewer line runs under your house and to the local septic tank. When you have a problem with the sewer line it will likely show up in your front yard.
There are a few causes of major sewer line damage:
- Shifting Soil: The soil shifts with the seasons and the moisture we did (or didn’t) receive. As this happens, it causes undue pressure on pipes. This won’t cause a breakage immediately, but definitely plays a part over time.
- Freezing Ground: Each year as the ground freezes it can put additional pressure on pipes and cause cracks.
- Buildup of Waste or Foreign Objects: Waste or foreign objects can build up over time and cause pipes to creak, break, or burst. This is usually caused by flushing debris like toys, fabric, rags, and wipes down the toilet.
- Root Infiltration: As the trees on your property grow, the roots expand and they can inject themselves into pipe joints and cause major problems for homeowners.
- Time: Sometimes it’s just a matter of time until you’re faced with a sewer line repair. Especially for older homes in Corydon, IN the pipes become more susceptible to any of these known issues.
- A Sagging Sewer Line: This is a problem that often occurs naturally over time and must be fixed with a professional sewer line repair. A sagging sewer line occurs when a section of the line sinks, creating a bellied pipe that can’t drain correctly.
- Pouring Grease Down the Drain: This is one of the most common (and preventable) sources of sewer line repair. Because it happens over time, most homeowners in Corydon, IN don’t think twice about pouring grease down the sink – but it can cause major problems down the road.
Signs of a Clogged or Broken Sewer Line
There are several signs that point to you needing a sewer line repair.
- Toilet bowl water level is inconsistent: One day it’s full, the next it is barely there. The toilet bowl water should stay fairly consistent. When it doesn’t, it’s a sign of a problem.
- Animals are attracted to your yard: The scent caused by a sewer backup often attracts rodents and insects that weren’t there before. If you notice a gathering of animals, it’s time to call H2O Plumbing for a sewer line repair.
- Nasty smells: Sewer lines stink, there’s no way around it, they just do. They are designed to mask this smell from homes and families. If you sense a sewer nearby, there’s a problem.
- Water pooling in your yard: This is often the sign of a leak, especially if the water pooling doesn’t look or smell fresh.
- Slow drains: Sometimes this could be a simple clogged drain, but if the slow drain is a consistent problem, it should be because of a larger problem in the sewer line.
- Gurgling noises from your pipes: Again, this isn’t a good sign – but it’s hard to know whether it’s a simple clog in the drain or a bigger issue. The only way to know for sure is to call H2O Plumbing for a sewer line repair.
- Multiple Fixtures Are Clogged: If you have several clogged drains at once, it’s not a coincidence. This is a very obvious sign you need a sewer line repair.
- Plants growing near your sewer line: Sometimes the excess waste from a leaking sewer pipe actually fertilizes the yard and can encourage spontaneous plants growing on your property.
- Increased water bill: If you notice a sudden increase in water usage, it’s often a sign of a leak. Without having a professional from PH2O Plumbing check your water lines, you’ll continue to pay for it every month.
If you are noticing any of the previously mentioned signs, the best plan of action is to call a professional plumber in the Corydon, IN area.
Do not try cleaning or repairing the sewer line yourself.
There are several reasons for this.
First, it could be a hazardous situation and you could end up hurting yourself and second, you may very well actually cause further damage to the sewer line.
As professionals in sewer line repair, we use advanced techniques to clean and inspect sewer lines including:
This is where a high-pressure water jet with specific nozzles and varying pressure is used to clear a drain. An experienced plumber in Corydon, IN will use water jetting to break up and clear away debris like plant and tree roots, dirt, and anything else that could have found its way into the sewer line.
At H2O Plumbing we use a professional drain snake, which is where a long cord-like device is fed through the sewer line and with the help of different attachments, clears away the blockage.
Sewer Line Inspection
We can conduct a sewer line inspection both before and after the sewer line repair. This helps us determine the location and source of the blockage as well as check to ensure the repair is complete.
A sewer line camera inspection is innovative technology that uses a small camera on the end of a long cord, directed by professional plumbers to reveal cracks, breaks and make necessary repairs.
Sewer Line Replacement Cost
If you are stuck with a sewer line replacement cost, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $250 per foot. The price you pay depends on the type of plumbing you already have, the length of the line, and its placement on your property.
Overall, in the Corydon, IN area, the average sewer pipe repair cost is around $2000. It is not a cheap repair, but it’s necessary for your plumbing and the foundation of your home.
A sewer line repair, when called upon, is definitely a necessary fix. Since repairing almost always involves putting in new equipment, which is why it’s important to choose a plumbing company you can rely on.
At H2O Plumbing in Corydon, IN we will offer our expert advice regarding materials, labor, and technology advancements to make your sewer line repair quick and painless.
FAQs About Your Sewer
Isn’t the city responsible for my sewer line?
Unfortunately, homeowners are fully responsible for the maintenance and repair of all home plumbing, including the lines that travel from residential structures out to the sewer main. This includes all blockages that occur in any public utility easements and public right of way that are defined in the property title.
How long will a sewer line last?
The normal sewer line life is 50-100 years. How well you maintain and repair it has a great effect on the lifespan.
How often should I have my sewer line inspected?
We recommend having sewer lines inspected prior to purchasing or renting a new home, so you can negotiate repairs instead of unexpectedly facing a pricey problem. Another good time for an inspection is prior to a kitchen or bathroom renovation or addition to ensure the new system can handle the additional flow.
Fix the Stink
A sewer line is one of those things that is out of sight out of mind until it stops doing its job. When your sewer line fails, it’s a problem you can’t ignore. We are here to help.
If you notice some of the warning signs we’ve described here and feel like you need a sewer line repair, give us a call. There is no such thing as a DIY sewer line repair.
You definitely need a professional on your side. Our team at H2O Plumbing can repair or replace your sewer in a blink of an eye. Give us a call today!
H2O Plumbing is located in Greenville, IN, but it proud to also service the cities of New Albany, IN, Floyds Knobs, IN, Corydon, IN and surrounding areas.